Software design engineer
- The software design engineer is responsible for detailed software design and verification and project follow up of new and existing products and AGL software applications.
- Execute detailed embedded software design: starting from a requirement specification, design the software embedded in different products such as lights and regulators or power units
- Cooperate with integration of the software & electronics into a new product
- Verify the software at low level (normal path, error path, boundaries for routines) and at functional level (fail safe mode, behavior under load and stress conditions – circuit stability tests, used decision algorithms for regulation, triggering…etc)
- For embedded software, cooperate closely with the electronics engineer
- For configuration: develop user interfaces and software to configure the devices and the circuits on the airfield
- Cooperate in establishing the product specification and product documentation (manuals, leaflets) with product marketing
- Provide maintenance of existing products during the product life cycle
- Build up knowledge of business standards (FAA, ICAO, …) & participate in activities to improve these business standards
- Provide technical support to other departments
- Prospect new technology & development platforms
- Continuously search for improvement of design & build and test tools
- Take part in external relations with innovative suppliers, subcontractors, universities, external laboratories and other business fields.
- Take part in securing of intellectual work through the generation of invention disclosures and patents.
- Adhere to all relevant administrative requirements, policies and procedures and respect confidentiality of data and compliance rules.
- Evaluate competitor products, follow up new products in the AGL market.
- Within ADB SAFEGATE R&D: director, other group leaders, designers & validation engineers
- Other ADB SAFEGATE departments: Sales & Marketing, Purchasing, Logistics, Quality, Production, System engineering, Business Administration
- Within ADB SAFEGATE group: all other R&D groups, sales & marketing groups, legal entities
- External laboratories
- Standard bodies (FAA, ICAO, IEC…).
- Ability for creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- Result and quality oriented driven
- Team player
- Stress resistant
- Willingness to travel and to stay abroad for short periods.
- Knowledge in design & development platforms for software
- Knowledge of modern processors (e.g. ARM family) & electronic components
- Knowledge of communication protocols & interfaces (RS485, TCP/IP, Ethernet, JBUS, Modbus, Profibus, OFDM…)
- Experience in working with power control loop software is an asset
- Basic knowledge of electronics to be able to perform debug activities on real electronics
- Knowledge of continuous integration environments
- Knowledge of test tools for software & electronics (including oscilloscope)
- Profound knowledge of C, C++.
- Software Engineer (or equivalent by experience).
- Windows, Linux, office environment
- Different configuration environments e.g. Subversion, Trac Confluence.
- Multi-language, international & intercultural experience
- Dutch, French, English; other languages and especially German are an asset.
Create your CV and apply today!
Communicative. Knowledge of software design & test methodologies