Global Strategic Purchaser
- The Global Strategic Purchaser is responsible for the selection, set-up and management of our suppliers in all aspects of the business relationship in order to further optimize the sourcing efficiency for her/his commodities according to our purchasing and company policies.
- Commodity: electronical parts, electromechanical parts, PCBA’s, transformers and cable trees.
- Market knowledge: Prospect and monitor the supplier base and involved raw material trends worldwide for the assigned electrical electromechanical, PCBA’s, transformers and cable tree commodities.
- Supplier management: Monitor, audit and continuously improve quality and delivery performance of the assigned suppliers.
- If needed, propose corrective actions and ensure follow-up. Introduce and manage supplier development plans and specific cost reduction projects.
- Contract negotiations: Introduce, negotiate and manage supply contracts and blanket orders/quantity contracts.
- Master data: Apply and maintain supplier and procurement data within the company ERP system for the assigned commodities.
- Control and release purchase orders and supplier invoices.
- Contribute to purchasing synergy programs between the different company’s sites.
- Maintain regular contact with internal/external interface partners to recognize developments and exert influence accordingly.
- Quality management: execute supplier selection audits and follow-up corrective actions at suppliers.
- First contact for fundamental procurement issues, escalations and advices.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in industrial purchasing of electronical parts/ electromechanical parts/PCBA’s/transformers.
- Requires extensive product knowledge, understanding supplier’s capabilities, and varied manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable in cost reduction techniques, just-in-time principles, standard cost, and total cost & quality management.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and adapt to changing workload.
- Best practices in strategic purchasing (RFI, RFQ, benchmarking, supplier evaluation and development, contract definition, price negotiations…)
- Good knowledge of logistic processes (VMI, cost of inventory, consignment, 2-bin, incoterms…)
- Intercultural experience, preferably with international (Asian and/or East European) vendors.
- Technical Master or Bachelor with commercial affinity
- Economical master with an important technical affinity or a first industrial experience
- ERP system (SAP is a plus)
- Quality monitoring systems
- Microsoft Office : Excel, PowerPoint ,Word, Outlook and Skype for business
- PDM is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Preferably basic knowledge in Dutch and/or French or ready to learn it.
- All other languages are an asset.
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Ownership and accountability
- Decision making / judgment
- Quality and result oriented person with responsible and pro-active attitude.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Easy assimilation of technical product specifications (drawings, process data,…)
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- Budget/cost control
- International communication
- Customer focus
- Results focus.
Create your CV online and apply today!
Strong negotiation skills required. Must possess strong, effective verbal and written communication skills