Materials Planning Analyst
Depending on the position
- Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle.
- They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis.
- The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements.
- They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team.
- They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- To forecast delivery against customer enquiries when customers’ requirement is for delivery shorter than standard lead-time.
- To progress shop orders to meet delivery promises and advise the Value Stream Manager and sales desk when dates cannot be met.
- To determine the allocation of stock orders in the knowledge of differing priorities.
- To intelligently manipulate the production plan in accordance with company procedures to optimise customer satisfaction and billings figures.
- To maintain integrity of the MRP system in order to improve sales deliveries and lead-times.
- To control Despatch and oversee allocation of month end order output to endeavour to achieve on-time delivery performance in full for all customers.
- To provide departmental reports from mainframe source data in order to fully inform key personnel of the Value Streams KPI’s.
- To control and action, alongside production the handling of customer returns to ensure complaints / re-manufacture is handled with speed and efficiency.
- To receive progress enquiries from Sales, investigate lead-time that is achievable so that the order may be obtained.
- To Provide the Materials Manager with relevant Strategic information as and when required.
- Provide Strategic Purchasing with quantities and required dates to maintain delivery on time.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- Any other reasonable task as may be requested from time to time.
- Good general education to ‘GCSE’ level standard required.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years in a computer based production environment.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Are you interested?
Create your online CV and apply now!
Good general education to ‘GCSE’ level standard required