Depending on the position
- The role is for a Design Engineer who will directly support the balloon development and manufacture of new and existing balloon products on Creganna Medical proprietary SmartForm technology.
- The Design Engineer’s primary responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, designing high performance balloon technologies, development of process and parameters to ensure the product meets specification, and completing transfer of the new products through the phases of the development cycle to volume production.
- The successful candidate will manage various projects while working closely with the customer and will report directly to the SmartForm’s Balloon Manager and will be assigned duties/responsibilities by them.
- Develop high performance balloon technologies to customer specifications using a range of materials which would typically include Nylons, PETs, Pebaxs, Polyurethanes and other proprietary materials and custom designs.
- Work with customers to identify balloon performance requirements for a complete range of medical applications.
- Work with Creganna cross functional teams (Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain) to take R&D balloon concepts through the product development process into steady state manufacturing.
- Be responsible for the development of new and existing balloon products from initial concept through to completion as part of a project team.
- Develop a robust production process for the manufacture of new balloons, optimising processes to maximise balloon performance, and minimise process cost.
- Document product specifications, manufacturing processes and process parameter settings.
- Own and be responsible for key project deliverables.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- An engineering, science or equivalent degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with experience in the medical device field.
- Experience of work with balloon forming technology and testing a distinct advantage.
- Must have experience in material, polymer technologies and extrusion knowledge.
- High innovative ability and have the motivation and drive to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong mechanical background an advantage with a good working knowledge of polymer materials and technologies and advantage.
- Energetic, proactive, self-motivated and has a desire and hunger for career progression.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Are you interested?
Create your online CV and apply now!
Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills