Supplier Development Engineer
Depending on the position
- The position ensures supplying systems,processes and build capabilities to meet the design intent of the customer and are compliant with the end customer’s needs.
- This includes initial supply chain company verification.
- Today AD&M has over 2500 global supplier and one of our key initiatives is to consolidate the number of suppliers via the transfer of non-strategic (exit) suppliers to internal and strategic suppliers.
- It is vital that our new sources of production are prepared for acceptance of the production responsibilities to ensure quality expectations are delivered to our customers.
- We believe this is a key element to support the Extraordinary Customer Experience!
As a Supplier Development Engineer (f/m), your responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
- Supplier preparation to support New Program Introduction (NPI), Advanced Development with company’s Engineering and Supplier migration activity to strategic suppliers- ~70 suppliers identified with a spend of $25M representing 8% of the ADM annual spend
- Find and develop suppliers to support the strategic sourcing organization in driving incremental performance in supplier quality, delivery, price and service
- Teach new suppliers on how to work with the company (portal access, e-procurement tool usage, procedures, etc.)
- They also help drive selection and development of the best total cost supply option in the region where the commodity or service is consumed.
- They keep abreast of emerging market options and inform the broader procurement organization of trends and new supply options
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Business or other related disciplines
- Several years of experience in Quality and robust quality system knowledge
- Technical background or experience working with high/complex technical products/components
- Commercial experience (contract management, negotiation skills, supply chain processes, etc.)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), 8D, 5 why, Fishbone, Practical Problem Solving, and experience with Minitab will be highly appreciated
- Proficient with MS-Office products, SAP background is a plus
- Willingness to travel (approx. 50%)
- Fluent in French and English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Motivated and energetic individual with the ability to learn quickly and work in a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision
- Optimistic and positive attitude
- A clear communicator who can speak and present confidently to a diverse audience, including senior management
- Capability to deal with change and new challenges
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and with global team members.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Are you interested?
Create your online CV and apply now!
Commercial experience (contract management, negotiation skills, supply chain processes, etc.)