Depending on the position
Job Title: CNC Setter / Operator
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 inclusive of shift premium (depending on experience)
- Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery; they run the EDM, including programming, setup and operation.
- Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following the company’s EH&S policies and procedures.
- To set and operate first operation CNC machines and support with setting and/or operating second operation machines as required ensuring parts are to the correct quality specified on the drawing and routing instructions, in line with the fundamental rules of component manufacture.
- To assist in the training of others as required.
- To understand priorities and to work towards achieving delivery objectives.
- To work to maintain and improve time standards so that late jobs may be minimised.
- To maintain a high level of house-keeping at all times in order that 5S+1 and health and safety standards may be maintained.
- To make small fixtures and grind tools when necessary.
- To observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To ensure all required maintenance is carried out in accordance to TPM plan.
- To adhere to company procedures at all times.
- When required, to carry out TEOA/KAISAN activities.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- A good basic standard of education is required with an engineering bias.
- The ability to follow standard works instructions is essential.
- Capable of working in a methodical way, with minimum supervision.
- Experience of machine tools would be an advantage.
- HNC, HND or equivalent would be an advantage.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Are you interested?
Create your online CV and apply now!
Experience of machine tools would be an advantage