Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
- This position will provide knowledge and leadership to plant engineering on data driven problem-solving techniques and solutions.
- When not working on the above key objectives, this position will support identifying and implementing Cost Savings Projects, Manufacturing Best Practices and Next Generation Technologies.
- The Manufacturing Problems mentioned will primarily be in the areas of Assembly, Molding, Machining or Plating but may also extend beyond these areas.
- This individual will use Advanced Engineering techniques to analyze data in conjunction with Plant Engineering resources to determine the root cause of problems and then design and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate.
- This will require a mentality of not just resolving the issue but also one of preventing it from re-occurring.
- Engineer will possess the skills to design, implement and validate solutions over a wide variety of Assembly processes including vision inspection, bonding, marking, basic robotics, assembly equipment updates as well as design and development of new assembly and poke yoke fixtures.
- This position will require a knowledgeable and highly skilled individual with minimum 15 years of hands on Manufacturing Problem solving and Process Development experience.
- Candidate should be very knowledge in Lean / Six Sigma and Design of Experiments, with a demonstrated record of using these skills to solve a wide variety of manufacturing problems.
- The candidate must be familiar with manufacturing principles such as assembly, machining, plating, bonding, and molding.
- Must be able to work as part of a team while assuring that a solid analytical method is used for determining root cause of Manufacturing problems.
- Will be expected to provide Leadership to the Team through knowledge and experience in Advance Problem solving.
- Individual to be a self-starter and require minimum supervision, having excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and balance priorities is essential.
- Must have strong written and oral skills as they will be required to interface with team members, suppliers, and Upper Management.
- Use data driven analytical techniques such as Lean / Six Sigma/ Desgin of Experiments to determine root causes of Manufacturing problems.
- Provide leadership in problem analysis and development of collaborative engineering solutions.
- Use Engineering knowledge and experience to design, develop or revise manufacturing processes to eliminate defects.
- Work with Process Leaders and Centers of Excellence to implement the best and most effective manufacturing processes.
- Use statistical methods to assure process capability.
- Develop, document and train plant personnel on revised manufacturing procedures.
- Suggest design changes to reduce costs, improve manufacturing efficiency, and resolve manufacturing problems.
Experience and required skills:
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree with at least 15 years of experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of how to set-up and execute Design of Experiments is preferred.
- Ability to perform capability studies on manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Being familiar with the PFMEA process
- Working knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing tools. Green Belt or Black Belt in Six Sigma Process is beneficial
- Candidate must be self-sufficient but capable of reaching collaborative team solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Competency with Auto CAD or 3-D modeling software.
- Must have working knowledge Microsoft Project, Excel, MiniTab, CAD and Dash Boarding software (preferred) .
- Must have good time management skills to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in mil-aero products is desirable but not a requirement.
- Fluency in French and English will be required.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Are you interested?
Create your online CV and apply now!
Fluency in French and English will be required.