- You will be joining a high performing, self-organising Scrum Java team.
- The majority of the top 10 busiest airports rely on our software platforms and this role provides a fantastic opportunity to work on projects around the world and to experience many different cultures.
- Our learning culture will allow you to continue to develop your own skills and keep current with changes in technology trend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in full Scrum lifecycle from Three Amigos and Refinement to Review Retrospective.
- Designing, coding, and unit testing applications using Java technologies
- Dynamic work ethic able to investigate and fix high priority bugs following service desk triage and Product Owner approval.
- Confidence in raising issues as they arise with the ScrumMaster, with a focus on the fix.
- Technology advocate who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and ensures technical obsolescence is understood and addressed.
- Experience of Java in 24x7 production environments.
- Working knowledge of XML and JSON
- Knowledge of build tools e.g. Gradle, Ant, Maven.
- Writing well-structured Unit and Integration tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Proficient in working with Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of Shell and/or Python scripting
- Knowledge of Design Patterns e.g. MVC.
- Experience in a Scrum development team working to continuous delivery.
- Experience of Agile friendly estimation techniques such as complexity estimation (story points) and planning poker.
- Understanding of Agile requirements (Epic– Story– Task) and how the business uses these to drive development.
- Validation of User Stories in conjunction with other devs, knowing when it is right to reject a requirement and being able to give valid reasons for doing so.
- Experience of using development workflow management tools (e.g. Jira, Redmine).
- Experience of using Node.js and a range of npm frameworks in 24x7 production environments.
- Design and development of RESTFul API.
- Experience of continuous integration, delivery and deployment techniques (preferably using Jenkins and Ansible).
- Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber/ Gherkin.
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Microservices principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of Message-Oriented Middleware / Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (preferably AWS).
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate with other business functions.
- Committed to our learning culture and continuous improvement.
- Willingness for occasional travel to customer sites around the world.
- Ability to pass security/DBS checks for an airport airside pass.
Create your CV and apply today!